General Statement of Policy.
Pentlands Activity Camps is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees, volunteers and customers. We aim to develop a positive organisational culture where matters relating to healthy and safety are under constant review.
We aim to comply with relevant statutory requirements, and to encourage the adoption of good practice in the various areas of our work that have Health and Safety or hygiene implications.
Pentlands Activity Camps recognises that it has a responsibility to ensure the health and safety of its employees, volunteers and customers in so far as it lies within its power.
All members of staff and volunteers are kept fully aware of their responsibilities under this policy and have a duty to follow good practice guidelines. Every employee has a responsibility for his or her own safety and for the safety of others and a duty to cooperate with PAC by:
- Working safely and following the specified Codes of Practice
- Complying with all safety procedures
- Reporting defects in the workplace
- Following all procedures relating to responding effectively to accidents and subsequent reporting and recording systems.
- Implementing risk assessments as formulated by PAC management team.